Why Most SEO Strategies Fail to Deliver..
There are many reasons why a SEO strategy fails to deliver. Below we’ll talk about the most prominent ones.
1. No long term perspective: Most SEO action plans are defined for a limited period of time like 6 months to a year. Many clients feel post that period there will be no SEO needed, or at max, some maintenance to keep up the rankings. It's this short term thinking that gets website owners caught up in a wrong SEO tactics with little results. The right SEO strategy needs to create "value" throughout the life time of your online business. Is your SEO plan the right strategy?
2. Shooting in the dark: Most SEO experts don't have a proper strategy in place to secure your rankings. What's amazing is that the client feels SEO is not something they will understand, and don't feel they need too. This means your SEO tactics could be shooting darts in the dark hoping to hit the bull's eye. Are you aware of the SEO strategies being used on your website and do you understand them?
3. Lack of alignment: Most SEO action plans are not consistent, lack participation and deep perspective into search engines. Many SEO experts build random links (from relevant sites) to your website which eventually does push the rankings, sometimes temporarily. But if you want to build a strong link reputation and earn life time traffic, then proper alignment is a must. Is your SEO plan in alignment with the new link variables - consistency, relevancy, diversity, progression, participation and age of links?
4. Playing follow the leader: Most SEO action plans play follow the leader i.e. your competitors. Most clients worry too much about the competitors (and their rankings) and lesser about the "value" they are creating. A SEO tactic that focuses on chasing competitors is like a dog trying to catch its own tail. It's always seems close, but yet the dog can never catch it. Is your SEO plan chasing its own tail?
5. Wrong expectations: Most SEO action plans make high claims and ranking guarantees. Most clients buy into this. The clients who buy into quick or cheap SEO schemes need to understand the expectations and deliverables properly. If you do not understand your SEO tactic, how it works and why it works, then good luck for the same. Is your SEO strategy based on wrong expectations on either side?
6. Chasing a dream: Most SEO action plans present the dream of tons of traffic that will come to your website. Yes, there is business that will come, but the reality is getting business online is not always easy. It involves creating value, building a brand, communicating that brand, making the brand visible, understanding your target markets and your customer, and a long term vision. And this takes time. Is your SEO plan chasing a dream, or is it grounded in reality following real world business principles?
7. The bigger the better: Most SEO action plans aim to target maximum number of web, user and social communities while link building. And many clients get impressed with the big numbers. What to be kept in mind is that it's not possible to participate in so many communities at the same time, and over a period of time. So bigger is not always better! Do you have a SEO plan in place that focuses on "value and participation" rather than numbers?
8. Forgetting the customer: Most SEO action plans are not focused on the customer. If your potential customers are not getting any "value" from your SEO strategy then you are on the path to failure. Create value - make that value visible - leads to conversions. Is your SEO plan creating value for your potential customers?
9. Are all SEO Strategies the same?: All SEO experts follow the same guidelines; however, all SEO's don't have the right SEO strategy in place to get you closer to your online business goals. So take your time to understand the SEO strategy you plan to implement and why you are choosing that SEO plan over others.
10. The wrong SEO strategy: I believe there are no wrong SEO experts, but there are SEO experts with the wrong SEO strategies. So hire the expert SEO with the right SEO strategy today!